What to Expect
Be prepared for your day on the Challenge Course:
• Come prepared with lots of energy, an open mind and a willingness to learn!
• Remember to bring your lunch and a water bottle. You will have an active full day so pack a big, healthy lunch.
• Please wear closed shoes, such as boots or sneakers. You are not allowed to participate if you are wearing sandals. Long hair needs to be up and pulled back.
• Remember to dress for the weather which changes a lot! Wear layers and dress more warmly than you think you will need. We will be spending all of
our time outside so be prepared with weather-proof gear. Being comfortable outside will enable you to have fun and learn more!
• Keep track of your possessions; we do not assume responsibility for items left on our course.
• Remember to bring any special medications you may need, such as bee sting kits or inhalers.
• Let us know in advance of any medical condition or disability requirements/accommodations to help us tailor the program to everyone's needs.
What Will Your Day Look Like?
We suggest participants warm up slowly to the challenging experiences they face on a ropes course. Although adrenaline rushes are part of what make our course exciting; education is our primary goal. The most successful programs take into account human nature to ensure a group is in the best place to learn and grow. In ropes course programming, mutual support by group members is key to individual success, and community contribution by all participants is essential to group success.
We custom design all of our programs to meet the individual needs of each group. No two programs are exactly alike.
If you have any questions on your program please give us a call and we will be happy to answer them.
Orange County Ropes Course
Fearis an emotion that you can learn how to control.
Risk taking is a healthy essential part of the learning process. Physical safety and emotional safety take precedence over all individual and program goals. By working with and supporting others in challenging situations, individuals develop leadership, communication, problem-solving and trust-building skills. Individuals choose the level and degree of their own participation. This provides an opportunity to meet potentially difficult or frightening challenges in a supportive and respectful environment, and a chance to back off when pressure and self-doubt become too strong. Although adrenaline rushes are part of what make our course exciting; education is our primary goal. The most successful programs take into account human nature to ensure the participant is in the best place to learn and grow.