O.C. Ropes Course & ChallengeCourse
Teams that come to the O.C.Ropes Course.
Club Teams, Junior High, High School, Colleges
"Are you a team busting or team building parent?"
How to build a winning team
"It's not the best team that always wins, but the team that plays best together.
" How's that for an overworked cliché? Except for one minor thing…It's absolutely true!
How many times have you had an incoming class of such unbelievably talented athletes that you immediately started dreaming of all the glory that awaited you during the championship part of the season?
Overcoming Sports fears and blocks
The power of teamwork
ATHLETE TEAM-BUSTING BEHAVIORS
- Talking behind others' backs
- Blaming others - Refusing to accept responsibility
- Scape-goating or picking on certain teammates
- Complaining about playing time
- Having a negative attitude
- Bad mouthing teammates or coach
- Being dishonest in your relationships with coach & teammates
- "I'm the greatest and you're pond scum" attitude
- Yelling at teammates when they make mistakes
- Not communicating directly/openly
- Being defensive
- Dogging it or giving a half-hearted effort
- Being a poor sport
ATHLETE TEAM-BUILDING BEHAVIORS
- Being supportive
- Dealing with conflicts directly and openly
- Being understanding
- Demonstrating respect for coach/teammates
- Being encouraging to teammates when they mess up
- Accepting your assigned role on the team
- Having a positive attitude
- Having an open mind
- Understanding that everyone on the team is important for success
- Not allowing team-busting behaviors to occur
- Taking responsibility for your actions
- Going full out/trying as hard as you can
- Being a good sport
Orange County Ropes Course